This project is a component of a wider international project titled ‘Fair Green and Global (FGG)’. The Kenyan component is supported by Action Aid Kenya. Under the project, ILEG is undertaking research on Kenya’s investment code with the overall aim of providing an analysis of the status of the social, economic and environmental impact of investments in land in Kenya; reviewing and making recommendations for appropriate legal and policy provisions for investments in Kenya.
- Developing a background paper on the history of investments in Kenya
- Mapping key stakeholders for the investment framework in Kenya
- Reviewing policy and legislation on governing investments in Kenya
- Undertaking case studies in selected sectors with significant impact on land and communities in Kenya
- Facilitate county fora on investment in Kenya
- Organizing discussion for a with key policy makers at national level